Hello friend! Every winter season, I search for the perfect layering sweater. Now I can finally say that I have found it! Hooray! It’s the Merino Rib Knit Scalloped Crew from Banana Republic. I’ve been wearing it constantly (with my cape and under my cardigans). Let me tell you what makes it so perfect.
Key Points of a Perfect Layering Sweater
- Thin: The sweater needs to be thin so that it can be layered! A bulky sweater just cannot work as an under-layer.
- Warm: We are still in winter, therefore the sweater has to serve to keep you warm.
- Stylish: While warmth is an important factor, we all still want to look stylish without freezing our butts off.
- Easy to clean: These days I am just too busy to go to the dry-cleaner. While this is the “perfect layering sweater” criteria that I am least strict about, I would still love it if my sweaters were hand or machine washable.
- Non-itchy: I don’t know about you, but if a sweater is touching my bare skin, it needs to be non-itchy! An itchy sweater will not work with my sensitive skin.
Merino Rib Knit Scalloped Crew = The Perfect Layering Sweater?
So, does the merino rib knit scalloped crew qualify to be named the perfect layering sweater? Let’s check the criteria…
- It is thin enough to layer. It is a tad on the sheer side though, so be aware. It’s nothing that deterred me from purchasing three of them. However, be careful about wearing a contrasting bra underneath it.
- Because it is made of 100% wool, it definitely keeps me warm.
- It is certainly a stylish sweater with its rib knit and scalloped neck details.
- Now this is the real reason I purchased so many of these sweaters: the are machine washable! Amazing right? That is so essential for busy stylish gals like us!
- Last but not least, I can wear the sweater without the need for a t-shirt underneath. It is soft and comfortable on my skin.
I am thrilled with ending my search for the perfect layering sweater. Now I’m on to my next big mission. I am on the hunt for the perfect t-shirt, both long-sleeved and short-sleeved. I want something in between a crew neck and a scoop neck. Do you have a favorite you can recommend?