Hello friend! After seeing Cheryl’s post on her blog, I wanted to do a similar 2017 blog recap here. I was curious to see what succeeded and what failed. So let’s take a look!
2017 Blog Recap: Most Viewed Blog Post
My most viewed blog post this year is my Skirt Code Reason 2 post. I am not surprised! Since I wear so many skirts, I know a lot of readers come to my blog to see my skirt outfits. Many are also curious to read all of the reasons why I wear mostly skirts. Therefore, my Skirt Code series is usually quite popular.
2017 Blog Recap: Least Viewed Blog Post
Now I was quite surprised to see my least viewed post this wear was my Camel Gingham post. Usually my posts with pattern and color are well received. So this one is a mystery. Maybe you can tell me what the problem is.
2017 Blog Recap: Most Commented Blog Post
I had a tie for the most commented on blog post. One was the Skirt Code Reason 2 post (which is also my most viewed blog post discussed above) and the other was my Affiliate Marketing post from the Ugly Side of Blogging series. Both are popular series on my blog, so it’s logical that the garnered many comments.
2017 Blog Recap: Most Liked Instagram Post
On Instagram the year has had its ups and downs. I have been on a general downtrend on Instagram and I cannot figure it out. Many others say they are in the same boat, so I am just riding it out. I know I can increase my followers and engagement with some tricks and tools, but I don’t want to play those games. Instead I am concentrating on my blog. So thank you for reading (please subscribe so you don’t miss a post)!
My most liked Instagram post was from just this past month. It was for my Holiday Gift Guide post. This photo is also one of my favorites, so I’m glad we agree on that!
2017 Blog Recap: Least Liked Instagram Post
My least liked post is also from December! It’s the graphic announcing my 12 Days of Skirtmas series. I have noticed that graphics do not do as well as photos on Instagram. I am guessing it’s the algorithm/AI/Whatever the heck is wrong with IG. Therefore I try to limit posting them. However, I am not a slave to Instagram. Therefore if I need to post something to show my followers, I will not let the fear of a low like count deter me!
2017 Blog Recap: Most Commented Instagram Post
Another Skirt Code post outfit was the winner of my most commented Instagram post. I love the unique look of this skirt and I can see why it resonated with so many of you.
2017 Blog Recap: Most Disappointing Instagram Post
While the likes were not so low, my Daniel Wellington watch post was a major personal disappointment. That’s because I spent a lot of time planning what I thought would be a beautiful photo with a cool backdrop. However, we didn’t end up capturing what I had in mind. I had high hopes for Daniel Wellington to re-post my photo. So when I couldn’t get it to look just right, it really upset me.
2017 Blog Recap: Most Popular Pin
This photo from my Triple Pattern Mix post is definitely my most popular pin on Pinterest. Of course, this is also my oldest pin, so I’m not surprised. I’m hoping to be more active on Pinterest this year, so maybe next year I’ll have a real competition between my pins!
2017 was my first full year of blogging. For the most part, I enjoyed it immensely. Because of it, I was able to attend New York Fashion Week, which has always been a dream of mine. I learned a lot about blogging. But more importantly, I realized how much more I need to learn. In 2018, I hope to grow Polished Whimsy’s reach and coax my voice and point of view to really come through in my writing. I hope you stay with me for the journey.
2018 Blog Goals
- Work with a major brand. While I appreciate working with small brands, I would also like to push myself to pitch to a major brand and hopefully land a fun collaboration.
- Get a paid sponsorship. As I’ve said in one of my Ugly Side of Blogging post, blogging is a time and money consuming hobby. Because of that, I’d like to get some reimbursement for the massive amount of time and care I put into my posts. Therefore I am hoping to get some paid sponsorships and collaborations in 2018. However, be assured, I will only do so with a brand and products that I actually like. I refuse to compromise my brand and voice for money.
- Triple my page views. Now this may seem like a huge goal, but my views now are still fairly low. Therefore with a little bit of work, I am hoping to get a lot more traffic to my site.
- Grow my Pinterest. With Instagram constantly changing their algorithm, my content is not always seen. Therefore I will switch some of my focus to other platforms, such as Pinterest. If you’re not following me there, go do so now! I am curating some beautiful boards full of drool-worthy skirts, pretty colors and fun patterns.
- Update the look of the blog. This one I am currently working on and should start rolling out soon. I hope to have a more professional (but still fun and whimsical) site.
Thank you so much for reading my blog. I plan to bring a lot more whimsy to your 2018!